George Thompson Dodworth (c.1843-1916) was the son of Alfred Dodworth (1815-1891), a table blade forger, and his wife, Mary Ann. Alfred was the son of Joseph Dodworth. George followed his father into the trade and in 1871 they were listed as forgers at addresses in Monmouth Street. Later their address was Reliance Place, Bolsover Street, where other members of the Dodworth family were active. By 1893, George was a table blade print maker in Rockingham Street. In 1901, he appeared in the directory as a partner in Dodworth Bros, Bridge Street, manufacturers of palette knives for artists; and for glaziers, plumbers, and butchers. By 1905, the address was Rockingham Street. George does not seem to have had a brother himself and so presumably the ‘brothers’ were his sons: Alfred (1866-1934?) and Frank (1877-1925). George T. Dodworth, palette knife manufacturer, Moor Oaks, died on 6 June 1916, aged 73. He was buried in the General Cemetery, leaving £1,129. After the war, Alfred and Frank operated A. & F. Dodworth as table blade print makers at No. 108 Rockingham Street. Frank died on 18 October 1925, leaving £419. The firm apparently ceased trading in the 1920s.